Pocket Hole, Buscuit or Dowel Joint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay Five,

I admit, I like to reinforce Kreg joints with a biscuit; but then I have the gear.
Still, I think pocket holes will do you fine, if you can arrange the components to hide the screw holes. Only you will know.
Have a look on YouTube. There are lots of quite involved projects on there, using mostly Kreg Screws.

However, If you are really leaning toward Mortice & Tenons, then for a strong frame, use them at all four corners at the top. Instead of a large shelf at the bottom, use rails tenoned all round into the legs. Then fit a shelf over the rails and build up your compartments from that, utilising the Kreg screws.

By the time you get to the last M&T, I bet you'll have discovered how to cut them reasonably well, certainly what NOT to do.
Someone's likely to suggest buying a Festool Domino. It's a good idea, but the cost!

HTH :D

Yes, it could be, however again the type of joinery seems to be irrelevant in many respects. However the design will impact what joinery is possible.

Think we should wait and see what 20 to 6 comes up with as a next design ;-)

Latest posts

Back