Members can turn off viewing Ads!

PM rears its head again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i have just received an email telling me i have a PM waiting for me and again i go to my PM's and its not there.... ho hum..

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
did the e-mail tell you who the sender was? it should have.

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve

If you go back to the email notification , you may find a message in that email

The person you PM'd may have chosen to reply by email and not PM

I nearly fell for it one , just saw a UKworkshop email and did not read it proper;y the first time :oops:

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys
yes i know who its from and i can read the message too, just wondered why it dont show in the PM's though.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I think it is as Blister said- if I click on email below your post, it sends you a message that looks like it is a PM, but it is not. It wont appear in your PM area.

HTH

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
marcros":253jasgy said:
Steve,

I think it is as Blister said- if I click on email below your post, it sends you a message that looks like it is a PM, but it is not. It wont appear in your PM area.

HTH

thanks for that, so will that PM that you click on below my name appear in my inbox in my email account then..?

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
stevebuk":3oki09vs said:
marcros":3oki09vs said:
Steve,

HTH

thanks for that, so will that PM that you click on below my name appear in my inbox in my email account then..?

The PM option will show in your in box

The email option will not show in you in box

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Dependant upon the options selected in your profile you can opt for an e-mail notification for any PM's you have been sent via your PM button.

If however someone sends you an e-mail via your e-mail button then you will get an e-mail as Blister mentioned that looks at first glance very much like the PM notification due to the forum headings etc. that are presented just in case you are being spammed and provides a method of reporting back to UKW.

The Forum E-mail notification button has no connection with the PM function.

Latest posts