Members can turn off viewing Ads!

PM Issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i was contacted via PM today to which i duly answered, i have since been to my email address which tells me i have another answer there but its not in my PM's and i cant find it, will it show up or has it gone walkabouts..

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Two possibilities.
1. The e-mail notification refers to the original PM you responded to.
2. The sender of the PM deleted it from their out Box before you attempted to read it.

I presume you have noted the senders Forum ID in the e-mail, If so e-mail them or PM them to clarify re possible missing PM.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi Chas
just checked again and in my emails there is definately two messages, the first just tells me there is a message waiting (original PM) and the second tells me the contents of the second PM but still doesn't show in my PM box, i will ask the sender to clarify this for me.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
You should have another e-mail notification, in my name this time if I allowed sufficient time for the forum software to respond, but no PM for you to collect as it has subsiquently been deleted.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
yes just read it had been deleted by the author, but it didn't say that with my last one though, strange..

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, that at least proves the normal flags are functioning (your notification that it had been deleted)

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Do you need to delete some PM`s to allow this new one to be read Steve, i had this same situation recently, until i realised my inbox was full.

Cheers.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Doug B":2pnlpyi7 said:
Do you need to delete some PM`s to allow this new one to be read Steve, i had this same situation recently, until i realised my inbox was full.

Cheers.
i thought of that doug, but as i dont get many PM's and i have since deleted them anyway i cant see it being that. As an aside Chas, my email has just told me there is another message from you with the title PM issues, but again its not there.

Anyway Doug how are you chap, long time no see..

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it was not triggered by me, was the notice about PM being deleted there?

So either UKW is sending out duplicate messages, which I am not seeing here by the way, or your e-mail server is not deleting them after you have downloaded a copy.

I'll get the UKW logs looked at to see if somethings not quite as it should be, we are getting a lot of unexplained double posts just lately.