Plywood glueing times

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billw

The Tattooed One
Reaction score
So I'm starting to glue up my bench using PVA. Since it's cold in the workshop I've brought the pieces into the house to dry in front of a radiator. Would I be roughly on the money if I leave them clamped up for a couple of hours and keep them in the house for 24 hours to fully cure?

Yes that should do it, as long as none of the pieces are having to be manipulated heavily to be able to be glued, i.e. nothing too twisted to start with. I sometimes work on things that have only been cramped for a couple of hours. Ian

They're all dead flat and simple face to face of similar components. Awesome, I'll keep switching the clamps over regularly.

If you want to speed up the process you could use Titebond 3, everything will be rock solid in an hour IME.

Sorry I meant from one section being glued to the next in line!
OK that makes sense now, probably about an hour clamping for a single part is enough,as long as the next one is completely separate. I usually do all my glue ups last thing before stopping for the night then they will be perfect in the morning. Sure you don’t need to leave it that long but organising like that is not difficult and completely safe.

Back