Plunge Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byrnsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Just came across this while searching for a plungesaw WOODSTER DIVAR55 240V PLUNGE SAW SYTEM. Has anyone used or know anyone that has used it and how it compares to other saws? Obviously i seriously doubt it would compare to a Festool. You can get the saw, 2rails and jointers for £100 less than dewalt/makita. I was hoping to get the Dewalt saw but looking at this seems like a good deal.

hi, i have just bought the woodstar but have not had chance to try it out yet. The saw itself feels like a quality tool and plunges very easily and smoothly. I have bought some of the dewalt accessories but have not had chance to see if the fit or not . I will most likely try them the weekend. I will report back when i do.

cheers neil

I have a DeWALT plunge saw at the moment. I used to have the makita version but it just didn't suit me, felt a bit to 'flimsy'. I have all cordless milwaukee though and there stuff is just another level. I am currently saving because As soon as they bring out there own version then i will defiantly be purchasing one or maybe two just for good measure!!!! ;-)

Review on the woodstar please, this is the kind of thing I need to use occasionally, that kind of price can be justified. if it works.

chunkolini":4o4oh42x said:
Review on the woodstar please, this is the kind of thing I need to use occasionally, that kind of price can be justified. if it works.

Im in the same boat, would use it occasionally. Looking at the video on youtube it dosnt seem to have good dust extraction, in saying that there was no hose connected so hard to know. Would also like to know if the depth guage counts the depth of the rail... only 1 way to find out :roll:

any update on this?

I've got the 18v dewalt model, bought it because i already have tons of 18v dewalt gear. I thought it would be as good or better than my DC390, but in reality it's quite underpowered. I've been looking out for a 240 model on the bay for a while now, but even used, they go for £200 plus.

I reckon i'd get £75 for mine as a bare tool, or maybe £200 with the rail, couple of batts and a charger, which would oretty much pay for the Woodstar, with 2 rails, jointer and clamps etc

Back