Plunge Saw Track Lengths

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akdaka

Reaction score
I have the Makita S6000 and two 1400mm track lengths. Unforunately rushing and not taking care got kick back and luckily only damaged a section of track. Lesson now learnt about rushing. The track is still useable but OCD has got the better of me and I have replaced it.

The question is I was going to cut the damaged one down to two pieces but into what lengths? Anyone got any advice of useful lengths? 1400mm is a bit unwieldy on some jobs but not sure what would be handy, I had thought 800 and 600. Advice welcomed.

PS been used for ripping sheets, trimming doors, worktop etc.

Depends entirely on the tasks you do most often.

Measure the cuts you often make and add ~200mm either side (to support the saw)

Looking about 700mm seems to be a common length for saws to be supplied with. As a I cut a variety of stuff and sizes I find the stock 1400 too long for some applications with loads of overhang. Do those with these shorter lengths find them useful? Only on chance to cut it!

Since you trim doors, I would say have one at the optimal width for trimming doors, and then use the other part for a compact 90 deg mitre or 45 deg mitre jig.

Back