Plumbed in extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to plumb in a dust extraction system in my shop and the longest run would be about 15mts. Has anybody else got a run of this length (or longer). I'm interested in what machine they have doing the sucking ?. I don't think my current extractor will be up to the job.

I have done a search and there is plenty of info on types of trunking etc. but can't seem to find a lot of info on extractors capable of supporting a plumbed in system.

Thanks Jeff

Hi Jeff

T'other day I opened the end of my 4" trunk and ran the extractor out of curiosity, what I found was the motor ran as if it had no load, and there was no 'rush' of air being sucked into the system like I get when everything is connected. My trunk is about 6M so I'm guessing there would be little difference from a 15M run, except perhaps a bigger delay as it de-pressurizes.

My motor is only a standard 1Kw Record dustex.

Hope that helps

Dennis

Jeff, about 20m, 4" mostly spiral but with some storm, Record DX5000. Very happy, no complaints whatsoever.

Noel

Latest posts

Back