Plinth drawer hardware?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure Hafele have some or if not maybe Hettich - I'm just off out otherwise I'd look for you.

Cheers

Tim

Hi John

I've seen a model before which required a special leg design as the runners clip to the legs, but surely a top-hung Blum Metabox would do the job providing you dowelled/biscuited two handing strips onto the underside of your cabinets to screw the runners onto? You'll also need something like a Touch-Latch so that there's no need for a handle, just tap the cover/drawer front and it springs open.

Scrit

John

This is the Hafele one:
558.61.536P1.JPEG

558.61.536D1.gif

but its not as I remembered (or as you requested) ie a plinth drawer.

I've definitely seen them but now can't think where.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

That's actually an under-oven drawer - they're only available in 600mm wide size (not for a 600mm carcass) and they only fit into a gap between the carcasses where something like a double oven goes (on brackets hung on the carcasses either side of the gap) as the "pan" is a one piece pressed metal unit which can't be resized. That means it won't be possible to fit it between the carcass legs (they lose you a good 100mm in width of the carcass)

Scrit

Hettichdo two types

One fits onto the plastic adjustable legs and takes a basic draw runner, the other replaces the standard legs with metal ones that have a plate to take tandem type runners. I would have thought both will take other makes of runner as they are standard hole spacing. I can scan & copy the catalogue page if you need If all else fails B&Q do a conversion set to make their standard draws into a plinth draw.

Jason

In my printed catalogue (which is about 5 years old) can see the 070 154 runner clips to take FR402/FR602 style runners on the Korrekt legs, they'll take the Blum Metabox-style runners - I've used them before and they are almost identical - but they seem to require a wooden drawer box. Similarly there's an 073 630 runner clip to take the same runners on the Euro legs, but I can't find any to take a Quaddro (Tandem) style bottom mount runners. The two I did find would seem to be OK to use with other manufacturer's legs - so at least you won't have to buy Hettich ones (which I find very expensive). Do you know whether Hettich are still playing the £100 minimum order and pack split changes game? And as for that German/English web site of theirs :roll:

Scrit

Scrit":b6bfvgqt said:
And as for that German/English web site of theirs :roll:

Scrit

Why do you think I only gave a link to their site not the actual item :wink:

Finally found the matal ones here(different prod code to my 2002 catalogue), the ones that fit plastic legs look a bit flimsy.

I don't use them a lot, if I do need something I get it through an ex Clive Christians kitchen designer that I sometimes fit for.

Jason

jasonB":f030t5v9 said:
....the ones that fit plastic legs look a bit flimsy.

Now you know why I favour the all-steel Metabox on two plywood "hangers" approach.... I always have Metabox sides in stock anyway - unsophisticated but easy to retrofit, tough and cheap(ish), too :lol: Well, at least the Italian copies I get are. :wink:

Scrit

Thanks for all the help everybody. This is indeed an existing kitchen with insufficient storage space for the current owners. I think in view of the difficulties I'm going to tell the customer that I can't help her with plinth drawers. It's an MFI kitchen and I reckon there's only two decent places to put these drawers so it isn't really worth getting involved with

John

johnelliott":1bbbvo60 said:
It's an MFI kitchen and I reckon there's only two decent places to put these drawers......

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Latest posts

Back