please tell me how fast

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how fast those two tubes of epoxy resin will set. I have got 26 of those sliders to glue in position ( on the 13 drawer box) Most probably going to have to fit a slider and slide a drawer on the runner and let each one set individually.
I got some of those cheapo two tube epoxy resin sets (arpound a £1each to use up)
I know they go off pretty quick after mixing.

I've some at work - aralidite - which has two tubes joined together so you can only squeeze them together and you don't end up with half a tube left of one and a load of badly glude joints. I find its gone off within 60 seconds, and definately within 2 minutes.

Adam

some products you mix separately, so the life is extended,
but as said, araldite has an internal mixer, so you are a little
stuck,and of course you always push out more than you need.

the idea is to mix on a jam jar lid or similar, so you can throw it away
other wise when you go to a show, nick the paper(plastic )plates
and use them.
paul :lol:

sorry dw but the best i can think of is to mix some and time it ,then that will give you the setting time :wink:

frank

Not knowing the brand of epoxy that you have got, dw, I would suggest mixing up a bit to do a trial run on a couple of scrap pieces. That should tell you whether you can mix up enough for a batch or need to do them individually. Oh, and it'll tell you how quickly you need to work! :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

I know it goes off quickly after mixing, but how long before I can take it that its cured and can knock it around?

Latest posts

Back