PLEASE READ! Your Competition feedback needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Tim, does that put me in the IOC role? Can I expect backhanders, stays in luxury hotels, slap-up meals in fancy restaurants and so forth then? 8)

StevieB":2faqcct5 said:
Back on topic.... glad to see a decision has been made, any chance of a little clue Alf, just an ickle wickle one - it is Christmas after all :D
Why certainly, Steve, just don't tell anyone else. :-$ Wait for it...

It must be made of wood*. \:D/

Cheers, Alf

*For the purposes of the competition we'll suspend disbelief and pretend MDF and such counts as wood too... :wink:

Alf":j5cmdc61 said:
So, Tim, does that put me in the IOC role? Can I expect backhanders, stays in luxury hotels, slap-up meals in fancy restaurants and so forth then?

Are you trying to tell me that Rob Lee et al don't already provide these for your 'reviewer impartiality training'?

:lol: :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Now as I was one of the few entrees last time , can we delay the start till just after I've finished my Love Chair Project? :roll:

No seriously good idea - Did the magazine article ever get published about the last comp?

Andy,
There was a page (#32) in September 2005 the copy of The Woodworker, with small pictures of the winning projects.

I was told by the Editor that they were going to run a seperate in-depth article. Seems there wasn't room in a future issue for this........
Philly :D

Hi Andy, sorry to be off topic, but do you have any work in progress pics of your love chairs?

SimonA

My goodness, there is some seriously complicated stuff going on there Andy! I look forward to seeing the finished chairs. Talk about a magnum opus!

The joints are a nightmare in theory it just best to suck your teeth an go for it with a handsaw.
Lucky I have a master furniture maker at hand to guide me, albeit I ask him stuff occasionally on this project and his eyebrows raise and says ik weet het niet - I do not know!

But it's wonderfully engrossing now all the laminating in out of the way and now especially the back legs to top rail butt joints are done.

Les Mahon":l474shca said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Can I vote that the competition piece is not love chairs?????

:wink:
Way ahead of you, Les... :wink: :lol:

Wow, Andy, you've been busy since I last checked by to see your progress. May take me a while to digest all that lot. Excellent. 8)

Cheers, Alf

Yes I seem to at a stage when lots of visible progress came at once.

I had a new microplane rasp set for my birthday and will round the legs with that (I'm very impressed by the way before I tried Surforms and hand cut rasps - but the microplane is my favourite so far - and not too expensive)

I have a few more photos to post but the web log site is down, I'll post here when they are in.

Thanks for the compliments every one \i do hope after all this effort they are comfortable!!!!!!!!!!

AndyBoyd":2ddh1v9o said:
Yes I seem to at a stage when lots of visible progress came at once.

I had a new microplane rasp set for my birthday and will round the legs with that (I'm very impressed by the way before I tried Surforms and hand cut rasps - but the microplane is my favourite so far - and not too expensive)

I have a few more photos to post but the web log site is down, I'll post here when they are in.

Thanks for the compliments every one \i do hope after all this effort they are comfortable!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Andy....

If you think they're good for wood... try em on garlic, or hard cheeses....! They make the best graters for kitchen use... :shock:

Cheers

Back