PLEASE! Make it Stop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have been singing in the bath - please stop now!

I have been again to the workshop after work to find it's now flooded. Even whilst I was there the water level is going up and you can see it.

We have now got a pump running, but it's is coming down as fast as it's getting pumped out.

It's also starting to flood at home. The new Table saw is still on it's pallet in the garage which has an 1" of water in it now. It's not touching the cast iron yet, but I don't think it will be long.
I'm going to need a boat to get off the drive if it keeps up.

:cry:

Lee.

My commiserations also. Fingers crossed for a dry spell for you.

Adam

DomValente":3fw5yqi4 said:
DomValente":3fw5yqi4 said:
Good luck Lee, I'll do a sun dance for you, not a pretty sight.

Dom

Is it working, feet hurting.

Must be, the water level has gone down! It didn't rain last night at all, although its just started again now. The water level is now well below the workshop floor level, but not entirely gone.

What a mess and smell though :shock: I'll get some more pictures later.

Thanks for all the comments.

Cheers
Lee.

Lee, I hope you can get things dried out soon. I wish I could come help. I will stop singing in the shower. I thought it wasn't working because we aren't getting any rain here. Evidently I have good strength but poor aim.
:roll:
Watch all that cast iron. get it clean ASAP and get some wax on it.

Hi all,
The workshop is getting back to something like normal. I spent all day there yesterday with my Dad cleaning up the mud, hopefully the floor can dry out quickly now.
I've now got a 6" Diesel pump emptying the drains directly into the Manchester Ship canal so we should be safe even if it rains heavy again.
I'm just off to check it again now so I'll post some pictures later.

Cheers
Lee.

Hi all,
as promissed. I took some pictures this morning. The workshop is drying out quite nicely.

There is still a lot of mud about, but this is fairly normal for the farm anyway.

The inside of the workshop is now like this

I painted a white line on the door where the water level was up to on the 4th.

I can now play with the new Saw :D

Cheers
Lee.

Back