Playing with the munro tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been in the workshop again this afternoon having a go with my recent purchase. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to buy a munro hollowing tool from a fellow forum member who was also good enough to give me some pointers on using it as I'd never used one before.

Today was the first time I've been able to use it in earnest. The ' hollow vessel :p ' is a piece of Hornbeam I managed to pick up locally about 18 months ago, finished sizes are 90mm wide by 60mm high and the opening is 37mm.

5166897703_230f405e6f_b.jpg

Finished with sealer and woodwax 22

There are things that I would probably do differently next time but for a first attempt I'm reasonably pleased with how it's turned out.

Comments welcome

Steve :)

That's a great first effort Steve, looks like you made a good job of the inner surface.

Hi Steve

A nice first piece with you new tool. It is a good buy and as you can see the surface finish off the tool is very good.

Look forward to seeing some more.

That's very nice time playing and you've an excellent piece as a result, I like how the detail came out.
Well done, will watch for the next.
David

Back