Play in Pocket Hole Jig/Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You absolutely need the clamp lever to be the same side as you drill, so the neither the UJK or trend is good.
as jigs they may well be accurate but for usage specially with large panels they are not.
It’s nice if they are, you can use them without that though, most old models are and we are still using them

Aidan

It’s nice if they are, you can use them without that though, most old models are and we are still using them

Aidan
They are as you say usable, and no problem for reasonably narrow or thin stock, so if using them for face frames not a significant problem though not as good.

However if you are using them in larger panels, for example a cabinet base panel, you quickly find the problems inherent in the back lever. If you have the K4 or K5 that’s never a factor in decisions about usage.

Rutlands are refunding the jig. So my next question is which one now to go for? I think the Kreg K4 wil be fine but want a metric one. The K5 looks good but ot keen on the plastic outriggers. I'm happy to make my own.

Latest posts

Back