Platform at screwfix

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":2lfckzdk said:
The blurb says the height is 3.34mtrs.
Surely not?

If it is, it'd be a pipper to climb - those rungs would be a metre apart!

Maybe it comes in a 3.34m box? ;-)

What's the question / confusion? :?

It's 3.34m fully extended as a conventional ladder but when used as a platform approx it's approx 920mm height off the ground and 1500mm platform length as well as being adaptable to other situations.

very useful I would say providing it's made of h/d aloy.

Bob

That's a great ladder I got mine a few years ago from screwfix. Its easily up to trade use very sturdy and comes with two metal platforms and yes that measurement is when its fully extended as a ladder.

thanks all for info. I have got a hedge thats getting a bit high around 8ft. but after consideration I have decided to let a professional hedge cutter take the top off.

devonwoody":bge8swmy said:
thanks all for info. I have got a hedge thats getting a bit high around 8ft. but after consideration I have decided to let a professional hedge cutter take the top off.
I have a hedge that's about 6'6" high and used a similar platform to stand on to cut it and found that exciting enough and I'm considerably younger than you DW!. :D
I think you've made a very sensible decision.

devonwoody":3ix0bx1g said:
Yeah if I can get the top done each year for £25 I am still on a winner.

Seams very reasonable!

Sensible decision DW. Close friend of my late father in law a few years back fell off some step ladders whilst cutting his hedge. His wife was shopping and he lay there for several hours whit broken bones, suffered a heart attack and died :shock: Not worth the risk

Lons":2prkxp6h said:
Sensible decision DW. Close friend of my late father in law a few years back fell off some step ladders whilst cutting his hedge. His wife was shopping and he lay there for several hours whit broken bones, suffered a heart attack and died :shock: Not worth the risk

With DW`s luck at the moment, chances are the hedge trimmer would have packed up by the time he got onto the platform. :shock:

Doug B":1nhzuf3a said:
Lons":1nhzuf3a said:

With DW`s luck at the moment, chances are the hedge trimmer would have packed up by the time he got onto the platform. :shock:

Either that or he would have 'updated' the software :lol: :wink:

Actully I even took back a new microwave back yesterday.

Our old one packed up a week ago, purchased this new Kenwood 30ltr. model, but it is not possible to read the display if there is any sunlight reaching the digital readout.

I suspect some new regulation re standby lighting has reduced the legibility?

Anyway trying another make (ordering on the internet so it is possible to return goods within 7 days without argument)

devonwoody":2ug44uqn said:
it is not possible to read the display if there is any sunlight reaching the digital readout.

Aw c'mon! Only affects it about 1 week a year :roll: :lol:

devonwoody":2vaqg44y said:
Lons":2vaqg44y said:
devonwoody":2vaqg44y said:
it is not possible to read the display if there is any sunlight reaching the digital readout.

Aw c'mon! Only affects it about 1 week a year :roll: :lol:

Thats the difference between Northumberland & Devon. :wink:

Absolutely right but we have wide open spaces and beautiful countyside and beaches WITHOUT the invading hoards of holidaymakers. (Keep that to yourself btw :wink: )

Seriously though we do have sunshine and warm temps at the minute. Will have a heatwave here when we're in the US in Sept whilst it'll be chucking it down in Death valley, Grand Canyon et al :lol:

Bob

Back