Plastic headlamp polish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations as to the best stuff to use. The lenses on our car are getting a bit hazy and need a bit of a polish now rather than new headlamps next year at MOT time.

TIA

You can get special polish for plastic might be worth checking at a good accessory shop or caravan shop for polishing caravan windows.

My wife used to use Tcut on our caravan windows with good results.

john

Meguiars scratch-x can be used on plastics and it's awesome stuff, as is there entire range for that matter. Check the booklet to make sure it can be used on clear plastics as I've never tried it on clear, but it does a fantastic job on anything else, including removing scratches from my side windows.

Micro Mesh should do the job, it was originally desiged to take scratches out of fighter aircraft canopies.

J

Hi,

I polished off overspray on the screen of my motorbike with Autosol metal polish, it didn't scratch the screen at all.
I have also used toothpaste on plastic watch faces for removing scratches, it takes a long time!
Pete

Jewellers' Rouge. Hard work mind, but it does a nice job on light haze.
The list above sounds like there are some useful additions to a sharpening kit, if you're into 'scary-sharp'. :D

Back