plaslode guns WOW!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
I sneaked away from work today to grahams machinery in chester, as they were having a tool show/demo. I got talking to the plaslode guys and tried out a few of their tools. They are just way cool i had a go firing nails into an RSJ!!! :shock: and concrete plus they do wood too. I had no idea this sort of thing was even possible. I just need to find a reason to own one :wink:

tombo":g3ov9jb1 said:
I just need to find a reason to own one :wink:

Shed? Decking?

I have the IM350 and its amazing, made light work of the decking frames. Often wondered if it's worth getting the smaller IM250 for woodworking. Think even this is prolly over powered.

The nails and cells are pricey tho.

lol...should of asked when you came around to see the saw........i've two :D

and great pieces of kit they are too.........well worth the £700 :shock: i paid for them :D

Did you get anything from grahams BTW.....i was there on thursday.

When I built my shed, I had no end of trouble with the Paslode - turns out the gas I had was "out of date". Yep, I'm not kidding. If you check the canisters now, they all have best before dates!

Anyway, Paslode were pretty good about it and provided a load of new canisters, as (as this was a few years ago), you could only buy nails and canisters together, so having chucked out the dodgy canisters, the nails were all spare.

Adam

Nailer,

knowing my luck i might have shot a nail through youre new piece of iron ;) after seeing what theses bad boys will do i know its possible, i guess it explains your avatar!
Yeah could'nt help myself i came away with some bessey clamps.
By the way have you tried your dado blade yet?

Tom

I picked up some bessey's myself......must be something in the water :wink:

I also had a look at the veritas LA planes on the brimarc stand.......nice to actually see them in the flesh.......shame he didn't have the new jointer with him but the jack and smoother where very nice indeed :D
There's a distinct possibility a few of them could be winging there way to the wirral....prolly not till next year though.....i've spent enough this year :shock:

As for the dado......i've made some ZC inserts for the most common sizes 1/4",1/2" and 3/4" and it works a treat.....nice flat bottomed dado's,trenches....housings even :D and as long as you use your loaf regarding safety you shouldn't get yourself into to much trouble.

Ive found the framing nailer is well worth the money and have had 2 since they came out (1 stolen) . But the finish nailer is rubbish and ive had no end of trouble with it . Plus the fact that paslode want £70 to service it and then they will find your problem and charge for that aswell .

I bought the Dewalt 618 nailer on Ebay for £170 naked and it has been one of the best toys I have bought. No gas but , the batteries give about 150 nails between charges. Fires brads from 32mm to 64mm - I have only used up to 44mm with no problems. Been using it mainly for MDF and have to turn down the power.

Back