Planter Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to redesigning my planters. The one on the left is the new prototype design and the one on the right is the old design. The new one is 15 1/2" square x 15 1/2" high compared to the old one which is 10" square x 10" high, both cost the same to produce but the new design is proving very popular and a lot easier to make :)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/7dogsplus1/NewOld.jpg

Picture too big for Forum :roll: :D

Hi Bean, sides/base rough sawn Larch, 6" x 1" put through the thickenesser to reduce it to 20mm, posts 45mm x 45mm rough sawn Larch, constructed using stainless steel screws throughout to aid long life and solidness, I buy them in bulk so no serious loss in profit ;) Sides fit into routed slot in posts, top and bottom of sides rounded using a digustingly expensive CMT 1/2" cutter but fits the routed slot like a glove!

Big improvent there Dog and at no extra cost :wink: :shock:

Do you sell them through garden centres etc. or just word of mouth?

Hi Tony, through word of mouth with the help of a simple catalogue and a 5 year minimum guarantee against rot although in the catalogue I state 'See care of your planters' which explains the guarantee a bit better ;)

Skips are wonderful things but in my neck of the woods any wood in skips goes very quickly, usually during the night so no luck there but rough sawn is cheap to buy and easy to work with :)

Back