Plans for an octagonal gazebo?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw a lovely octagonal gazebo in a garden centre yesterday - now determined to make my own.

Has anyone seen any plans, free or otherwise or books etc on this topic? I will modify but would be a good starting point. It needs to be the fully enclosed type with windows/door at the front.

I'm not sure mainly about the roof construction - like cedar shinges but haven't a clue how to get hold of them/fit them?

Paul.

Thanks - seen a few like this but wanted the fully enclosed type. Is it just a case of modifying the sides or is there more to it than that?

You could make fully boarded panels to fit between the uprights or add some vertical studs and board over the external surface with a capping on the external corners.

Jason

I think there are plans in this months GWW. I will double check later.

Digizz":p3pe0w94 said:
I saw a lovely octagonal gazebo in a garden centre yesterday - now determined to make my own.

Paul.
This any good ?
summerhousepat's008.jpg

John,
Its downright beautiful!

The lower right part of the photo suggests it is hanging in mid air, or at least on a very tall patio - I am intrigued!

waterhead37":loj71kqt said:
John,
Its downright beautiful!

The lower right part of the photo suggests it is hanging in mid air, or at least on a very tall patio - I am intrigued!
Chris, Thank you, it certainly felt like working in mid air at times :D .
It's on stilts at the front, the garden is incredibly steep it drops down to a stream at the bottom and then climbs the same at the other side.

Extreme Gazebo Building? Think Very Happy

Gorgeous, John; worth the wait for the pic.

Cheers, Alf
Alf

Thank you.

excellent John. You obviously live on a mountainside!

Was it to a plan or your own design?
Digizz, Thank you, I made it to my own design as like you I had been looking around for a plan or some ideas. I have some photo's, I might put together a montague and post in the projects section of the forum. I have some sketches and simple drawings I made, if your interested ?.

Lincolin, that's as flat as a witch's tit that is (isn't it?).
This looks more like ('u know) the high lands of Scottyland :D (Is'nt it, hmm? 'u know jumpers for goal posts? Marvelous isn't it?).
By the way Felderman, rather nice gazebo.
Now you have completed the project will you be selling the mountainering cramp ons'?

Dicky (it's a long was down from my perch) Mint

Latest posts

Back