Plans for a portable workbench/assembly table (MFT Style) ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I really enjoy working from plans. I'm not the "design as you go" type.

Looking to make a relatively small assembly table, that may also serve as an outfeed table for my DeWalt TS.

Also thinking MFT style even if purely for the clamping options it provides.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks

I've built an MFTC to his designs, it's brilliant. The only thing I would change is the position and size of the wheels - particularly with the 18mm top I used, the centre of mass is so far behind the wheels it's a bit of a struggle to tip it up and the angle at which it is balanced is quite steep. Bigger wheels further back would be much better.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

A sheet of 12mm ply and an MDF top, a few bits of thicker section wood plus a few bits of hardware (5 sets of short drawer runners plus catches, wheels, a pair of hinges,a pair of adjustable feet plus the track for the edge of the top). From memory there's a coupe of small bits of 18mm ply in the main unit which you can most likely make from scraps. The extension tables need a few bits of 18mm ply, plus a pair of hinges and legs each. If you budget something like £150 you won't be far wrong I think (very rough estimate there).

I didn't think it was an overly expensive thing to build, but it was quite time consuming. Very worthwhile though.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back