Planing to make my own table saw out of a circular one... what would make a good circular saw to use?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting me know. I am wearing respirator, safety glasses and hearing protection, but didn’t know saw dust could be toxic.
The toxic bit is less of a concern than the mechanical damage it does, unless you happen to be allergic, but you get the picture :)

I take all your objections to making a table saw out of a circular saw and raise you one Mirock.

If you think it's a bad idea, think again. His system is genius and solves a great many issues inherent with a table saw, I'll be very surprised if there isn't a commercial version of his system at some point in the future.

Watch and learn.

Amazing. Just watched the whole series, totally mesmerised! The guy is seriously talented. Kinda reminds me of the Erika push-pull saw. Thanks for the link.

And most important I learned that the saw dust is really a lot! Always thought I could live with, but no, next purchase has got to be a shop vac.
Add to that a home made cyclone pre-filter and your extractor filters will.last a lot longer.

Dust is a menace. It can give you pneumoconiosis. There is also the possibility that you csn become sensitised to the formaldehyde which occurs naturally in materials such as pine - so always wear a well-fitted mask as well

I used one those circular saw/ table saw contraptions in job more than 10 years ago. It was an awful thing- a Wolfcraft sheet metal work bench with a cheap Stayer saw bolted to the underside. It did work, but was noisy, fence was terrible and was not simething you'd have any confidence in. I ended up make my own track saw sled out of MDF and used this for all but the narrowest of rip cuts. This was in a picture framing workshop.

Latest posts

Back