Planing to buy router but need some advice!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denny125

Reaction score
Im planning to buy a wood router for doing random stuff, but also i am planing to use it on a diy router table and in future i want to buld a cnc router table so i would like to use it with it, do you guys have some suggestions or some advice, i was looking at one router here it is http://tinyurl.com/cgmmnng . I dont know much about routers so advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I think you'd be better getting a router with 1/2" bit shank capability - you can adapt downwards to 1/4" if ever necessary. For table use a good fine adjustment that can be also used through the table and plenty of plunge movement so bits can be easily changed from above the table. There are many makes around but do look closely at the Trend and Triton offerings.

I bought my Bosch router when I didn't know there where different shank sizes, big regret as I deeply covet a more powerful 1/2" collet router. It is compatible with pretty much all router bits and doesn't restrict your choice of bits.

If you don't need above the table adjustment, I haven't seen a bad review for the Hitachi MV12V2. Almost £100 less than the others, if you know where to look

Latest posts

Back