Planing a twist out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like reaction timber to me, totally useless. Send it to me, i need some firewood. :mrgreen:

For that price, I think I'd want all the (very expensive) shavings too!

Hello,

"after modeling it using 3-D software": so It required such advanced technology.... I am not that impressed. The twist is elegant, but this kind of minimalist furniture is not the "non plus ultra" of cabinetmaking. A John Makepeace, Ruhlmann or Dunand piece is much more (awe) inspiring for me. A side view would be really interesting, tough... 300 mm deep, 75 millimetres at the back, 9 millimetres at the front edge :?

Have a nice day,

János

János":1t9tj5eg said:
Hello,

"after modeling it using 3-D software": so It required such advanced technology.... I am not that impressed. The twist is elegant, but this kind of minimalist furniture is not the "non plus ultra" of cabinetmaking. A John Makepeace, Ruhlmann or Dunand piece is much more (awe) inspiring for me. A side view would be really interesting, tough... 300 mm deep, 75 millimetres at the back, 9 millimetres at the front edge :?

Have a nice day,

János

I'm really impressed at the skill needed to extract that amount money for a shelf! A blind dovetail is child's play by comparison.

I'd like to see it from different angles - some of the mystique may disappear when you see the rear dimension. It's been deliberately photo'd to give the slim lines of the frontal view.

$12k is a lot of wonga. No doubt there's a fair bit of work in it, but $12k?

Her interiors are very 1960s, particularly the wallpaper.
Some I like, some set my teeth on edge.

My guess is if you can afford her, $12k isn't going to worry you too much for a single shelf. An awful lot of the furniture looks bespoke.

Someone has to design those spaces - do I begrudge the success? I'm not sure. She certainly has an eye for detail and proportion.

But I could never live with a staircase of purpleheart, partly because it would fade to a horrid mud colour, and partly because of the smell of the stuff!

E.

Back