planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all
was wondering what the electra beckum 260 p/t is like. quite like the look of the kity637 how do these machines compare with each other cheers andy

Hi Andy,

I've had the eb260 for a few years now and like it. No real problems at all.

Think the new version has the switchgear and the thicknesser handle located in better positions making it slightly easier to use.

To be really picky, the fence is a little bit fiddly and the power cable to short, but overall the machine gives the impression of being well made, has a meaty motor and has been trouble free.

Haven't tried any others for comparison though.

Cheers

thanks for that alan yes looks good price. will have to see what the sedgewick makes to see what i can afford andy [/img]

I can't see how a smaller machine will save much space to justify the change. Funadamentally the working space is defined by the timber you work with, and its only probably an extra 12 inches wider x 18 inches or so longer when not in use?

Adam

try moving 500kg of machine out of the way does not happen shed is 20x10 with alot of kit in it need something movable thought of wheel kit might do it if it does'nt sell. maybe moving house so one less thing to struggle with dont think ccould get away with building bigger shed wife might make me move out there :? andy

Am I right in saying this EB model is identical to the hobby-rated likes of charnwood, Perform, etc, albeit with the handle in a more awkward position?

Or are the others just cheap 'knock-offs' of what is essentially a trade-rated machine, with different badges, branding and paint?

You could still save yourself some money otherwise...

Andy

I have had the EB260 for a couple of years no problems with it. The new one looks even more refined.

The fence on mine is a bit fiddly to square up, but since I cleaned it and roughed up the mating surfaces it is much better.

Les

Oswaldo!":2vld8fgl said:
Am I right in saying this EB model is identical to the hobby-rated likes of charnwood, Perform, etc, albeit with the handle in a more awkward position?

Or are the others just cheap 'knock-offs' of what is essentially a trade-rated machine, with different badges, branding and paint?

You could still save yourself some money otherwise...

Looks identical but performs very differently!

Well, my Perform model suits me very well as it is! :D

After 6 months of struggling, I finally eliminated the snip today when edge-jointing. Using a scrap length of MDF as a straightedge as well!

Yes, each time I adjusted the infeed table for depth of cut I for some reason would lower the outfeed table to suit, below the blade height.

It pays to read carefully about these things y'know!! :wink:

1. Set outfeed table to max. blade height.
2. Set infeed table to outfeed, check tables are in plane.
3. Adjust infeed table ONLY for depth of cut.

Goodbye snipe!

Latest posts

Back