Planer / Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodds

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Newbie here so please be gentle. :wink: Sorry if this has been up for debate before.... but, I am looking for a reasonable planer/thicknesser and am thinking of the Record PT260-X, can anyone offer an opinion? any advise will be welcome. The Record is really at the limit of my budget (he says).
Thanks
Tony

Welcome to the forum, never heard any bad remarks about the Record P/T, myself I have had the SIP model and no complaints.

You will need to add on a chip extractor to the cost, impossible situation really without one, you fill up a poly bag in no time using a P/T.

Having looked around the Record, I think it's a bit over-priced for what it is (I think it's now retailing at £800, but there's a £100 discount at the moment) and you can do better for the money. It only has a 2 knife cutter block, so the finish won't be as smooth as you can get with other machines. For similar money to the Record you can get the Axminster AW106PT2, which has a 3 knife cutter block. This machine is quite popular around these parts and generally gets very favourable feedback. Alternatively you could look at Woodford's 10" machine which seems identical to the Axminster to my eye, but retails for a bargain £350 + VAT and delivery on their website I think, although I've never heard from anyone who bought one.

Edit - sorry, just realised the age of this post! Apologies.

Back