Planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Please could I get some of your valuable advice and thoughts on the p/t below? It’s a 12” planer (not sure on max thicknessing dimensions) and I’ve been offered it for £900. Haven’t been to look at it yet but apparently it’s been serviced every year. Anything i should be looking out for? I’ve been looking around for ages at the smaller scheppach/Kity sort of size machines but i think I’m better off going for a heavier and more expensive cast iron lump. Unless any of you guys are selling something similar?? :)

Attachments

• 2D0C45DF-435F-4833-BA87-974D6E1E1EAA.png
    2D0C45DF-435F-4833-BA87-974D6E1E1EAA.png
    733 KB · Views: 59
  • B7F70581-AF0E-4A08-A6B6-AEB6690B33EC.png
    B7F70581-AF0E-4A08-A6B6-AEB6690B33EC.png
    686.9 KB · Views: 54
Sedgwick highly rated and looks a sturdy machine.
And simple: a non lifting table which is a mixed blessing depending on what you do - basically saves a lot of fiddling about but sometimes the lifting table is really handy.
Looks like a big thicknessing capacity from what you can see of the scale on the side - 8"perhaps? More for joinery than fine furniture but not a game changer?
I'd go for it but see if I could get a price comparison first.
PS price looks good!

Last edited:
It’s identical to a CP planner thicknesser mechanism, everything I highlighted in the thread Doug has linked is applicable. Sideways and I will soon be writing a thread on here detailing a full refurbishment of a Sedgwick MB.

Back