Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info, thanks!

How easy is the fence to remove/replace if, for example, I had to store the p/t under a countertop that had insufficient clearance underneath to allow the fence to remain attached?

Does the overall height reduce by much if the fence remains attached but is lowered to its 45 degree setting?

Much obliged for your continued collective indulgence :)

Great info, thanks!

How easy is the fence to remove/replace if, for example, I had to store the p/t under a countertop that had insufficient clearance underneath to allow the fence to remain attached?

Does the overall height reduce by much if the fence remains attached but is lowered to its 45 degree setting?

Much obliged for your continued collective indulgence :)

I'm checking you understand that the fence stay on top of the beds when you lift the beds to use the thicknesser?

Are you looking to remove the fence to lower the height of the machine?

I'm checking you understand that the fence stay on top of the beds when you lift the beds to use the thicknesser?

Are you looking to remove the fence to lower the height of the machine?
Thanks, yes, I know the whole beds/fence assembly raises as one. This would be for storage only to lower the overall height of the unit.

Just had a quick measure of mine which sits on a home made low mobile base so it only sits 25mm above the floor and that's what I base the following measurements upon:
Table height above floor = 840mm
with fence removed the fence Bristol locking lever is still 920mm above floor.
if pushed under a counter (face in) it's just over 400mm from front face of machine to the fence locking lever which has roughly another 100mm of machine that would be left exposed under a 400mm deep counter.
Removing the Bristol locking lever would gain a bit more headroom but best you'll manage is somewhere about 850-860mm.
Personally, I try not to disturb my fence at all as it strikes me as the weakest part of the design for ease of setup.

Dear Itech 260s owners, does anyone find the dust extraction in planer mode is terrible? In thickness mode I'm catching the vast majority of the chips, but in surfacing it all just ends up under the table on the thicknessing bed.

Also, does anyone know how to tension the belt?

Cheers

Back