Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peptidoglycan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to woodworking in the UK and starting to add some tools to my shop to be able to make some small bits of furniture. I have been offered a Bernardo PT200 ED planer/thicknesser used for £200. The owner says it has been only very lightly used. As I'm pretty new to buying tools, especially in the UK I don't know if that is a fair price. Does anyone have an opinion? I forgot to add, the Bernardo website (which I can't list because I'm too new on here) lists the unit for 440 euros. I think it might be a re-brand of a Fox machine, but I'm not certain.

Many thanks.

I think you will find this model is found under a host of brand names. It looks just like the Scheppach from Screwfix at £300 so £200 probably a good price.

Thanks. Still a bit on the fence about it. I’d like a better machine but the used market around me seems really slow.

Bernardo is an Austrian brand, buying in Asia and selling to Europe. If you contact them in Austria, they will give you a name in the UK who don't respond to emails.
Perfectly standard generic machine but no support behind it.

Latest posts

Back