• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Planer Thicknesser wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Planer thicknesser in 240v , capable of 260mm wide x 180mm thicknessing min. Ideally in the north but if you will put on pallet I'd buy from anywhere.

Thank you

TBH I was thinking of selling my RP260PT, which is 260x160, not the 260x180 you were after. Was thinking of more stand alone machines and making the workshop smaller, and more compact. The Axminster CT330 or CT330ST and an Axminster dedicated planer.
And maybe selling my Axminster TS250 saw in favour of something by dewalt,bosch or makita. Just so I can store stuff away in my tiny 11'x11' workshop.

The RP260 hasnt seen a great amount of use and is still on its first set of blades, though chipped are from original, im just lazy and incompetent :LOL: But overall the machine is pretty much good as new, for all the work it has done.
Im also in Glasgow.

For some reason my account would not let be reply to PM's, contact support or indeed reply to the messages so I now have a new account and name rather than Bloonose.

I expect I need to make several posts/replies before I can PM anyone, so please be patient while I get going again.

Used machine is probably best, not looking for a recommendation for new, if that is why you asked?

Yes 160mm too small for thicknessing, not looking for portable item.

Thanks for the replies...

For some reason my account would not let be reply to PM's, contact support or indeed reply to the messages so I now have a new account and name rather than Bloonose.

I expect I need to make several posts/replies before I can PM anyone, so please be patient while I get going again.

Used machine is probably best, not looking for a recommendation for new, if that is why you asked?

Yes 160mm too small for thicknessing, not looking for portable item.

Thanks for the replies...

PMs are only 3 posts, so you are not far from it.

Thank you Marcros, made a post on another thread I'd PM'd on so hopefully back to normal.

If not maybe this one will let it happen ;)

You just passed the three-post threshold today. When the cron task runs later today your status will change from "New Member" to "Member" and you will be able to send PMs. Your user title should update the next time you log in.

Hi
I'm looking to sell my Record PT260. I'm in Manchester.
IMG_0391.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg

The PT260 is not what I'm looking for John, but thanks for the reply.

Not been in that neck of the woods for over 10 years Chris, but never say never

Hi
I will be going to Hullbridge on August 6th for the weekend if that's ok for you.
If your still interested i will send more photos.
John

Hi
I will be going to Hullbridge on August 6th for the weekend if that's ok for you.
If your still interested i will send more photos.
John
Did you sell the PT260 out of interest?

Back