planer knives - advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Just wondered if anyone can recommend any where to get the above resharpened in the midlands (derby/stafford/stoke).
I'm also going to buy a second set, so apart from axminster does anyone know of anywhere i can buy them from (its for a scheppach planer/thicknesser 260 model - i think)
thanks
will

Hi Will, have you looked in the Yellow pages under saw sharpening?

Or you could look here

It can be a real pain getting these sharpened, it is always possible to post them but they do snap easily. This was the main reason I bought a Tormek it is the only way I know that you can grind you own blades and keep them balanced.

Keith

thanks for the help. Much appreciated. I had searched yell, but just wondered if there was anywhere to be recommend.
thanks again
will

Jaymec - The Tool Shop in derby has a service where someone collects them and drops them off on Mondays. I can't remember the cost but it's only a few pounds.

http://www.thetoolshop.co.uk/find_the_tool_shop.htm

Ring and speak to Mark and he'll explain. They open weekdays and Sat a.m. (I think) and are well worth a visit - a good selection of machines and good quality handtools.

I bought my HMS 260 and spare blades from them.

If it helps I work near them - I live in Repton so you're welcome to drop them off here sometime if it's more convenient and I'll drop them in for you.

regards, Colin

Back