Planer heads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
anyone on here uses the Helical multi Carbide cutter head on their planer.........
just fed up of sharpening mine.......
got a quote for about £700 to convert my DEWALT D27300.......(this is from the US)....vat and import duties etc etc.......
even thinking of getting one made......
ur thinking on this please........
and yes u can get a lot of blades sharpend for that money......just sick of messing with it......
I want to plane wood not . about with spanners........

I’m on my second machine with helical carbide tipped head, when I upgraded to my present planer it was top of my priority list for what the new machine should have as I was that impressed with them.
I sold my first machine a stand alone thicknesser to a chap with a four sider planing machine, he saw the finish off the helical block & was so impressed he bought the thicknesser for final machine prep of some timber after it had initially gone through his four sider.

That said I’d want to be sure of the quality of the head & finish it will give before I splashed £700, have you seen reviews from anyone who has made the conversion?

Back