planer does not stay on when ON button is released

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ady

Reaction score
mc allister planer switch is kedu kjd17
wiring is live into 13 ,neutral 23, circuit breaker 24 ,motor 14 ,on the origonal switch there was no small terminal at A1,on the new one there is a terminal but has no lead attached.
when i press the ON switch motor runs,when switch is released motor stops as the switch does not appear to lock in.
any advice!!

Welcome to the forum. We do try to help but....

1. It would help if you told the whole story - my telepathy plug-in is running a bit low.

2. Sounds like you have a planer that had a defective switch and you have obtained a different one which does not work. Am I getting close?

Advice so far would be to get the correct switch from macallister or take it up with the supplier of the new (wrong) switch

Bob

switch is the correct one for the macallister 240v 16amp manufacture spec change is the reason for the extra terminal as i was informed when purchased.
i have tried to find mcallister on the web but no sucess,this is reason for the help, what other information can i give to explain the issue

Another member here had a query about an NVR with a 5th terminal. I'll send him a pm (you won't be able to pm yet being a new member)
and see if he can help.
Bob

Ady, I've PM'd you but you may need to make another post before you can reply. The extra terminal is for the motor brake. Send another post then you should be able to reply to my PM.

Roy.

There is a bit of an obvious conclusion to draw from this. Macallister is, as far as I know, a brand exclusive to B&Q.

Next time you are in a B&Q and thinking of buying a power tool, ask to have a look at the spares and service department.

Certainly when I looked into the source of Muckallister tools a while back, they were very similar to stuff being made by www.gmctools.com
Now I see that rather than being a supplier or products for badging, they now seem to trade under their own brand so it might just be worth contacting them if Roy can't sort you out.

Bob

Hi Corey, welcome to the site. The OP's post is a year old (easy mistake to make as most of us just see the month....) and as he hasn't logged on since then I suspect he's either got it fixed, left it gathering dust or thrown it away. But hang around, I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to help.

Hi. I have the same problem but with a garden shredder. I've ordered a new switch but am wondering if there's anything else I should be looking for. So ON button works but does not stay on when released. This is on a Mountfield shredder. Many thanks in advance. Simon

Back