Plane for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I checked with Charley and he gave the OK to sell my Stanley 60 1/2 low angle Block Plane on the forum.
It is less than 2 months old and I will let it go to the first offer of a tenner +P&P (£4-£5 I guess).

I am selling it for the following reasons
1. I hate it. I am learning to hate all modern Stanley tools
2 (Gloat coming) I replaced it with a LN low angle rebate plane :p

PM me if you want it

Cheers

Tony

Tony":1rhpn74j said:
I hate it.

I'm guessing you might not be a salesman in your normal job. Or perhaps if you are - a very poor one. :shock:

Adam

#1 rule of selling - "It's as good as my LN and only £10! Can you believe it! Bargain!

Tony,

Are you seriously trying to tell me you think you only need one low angle block?! :shock: :lol: What are you going to do when you have to work off the edge of a bit of man-made board? Gonna sacrifice the L-N on ply? MDF? Tsk tsk. Although at £10 I probably would PM you, if I didn't already have one :roll:

Cheers, Alf

asleitch":22w9e9qp said:
Tony":22w9e9qp said:
I hate it.

I'm guessing you might not be a salesman in your normal job. Or perhaps if you are - a very poor one. :shock:

Adam

#1 rule of selling - "It's as good as my LN and only £10! Can you believe it! Bargain!

Not a salesman - too honest (stupid?) :roll:

Good point about the man made board Alf, maybe I should keep the piece of junk after all!

Hello,
Just replying to the advert for a L-N block plane for £10-is there any room for negotiation on the price??
yours hopefully,
Philly :wink:

Hi all

The 60 1/2 is gone. Surprisingly I got quite a bit of interest for this quality piece of kit

OK, own up, who got it then???????

Rgds

Noel, who was about a day late putting in a very attractive offer of a 10er.

Tony - bit late now but I would have kept it. I have a lowly version of that Stanley plane you have, and agree it's not the best. But use it reguarly, especially for household tasks, where I wouldn't dare pull out the LN replacement.
Still a bargain for £10 I reckon to the lucky person who got it.
Cheers
Gidon

Back