Plane Decisions!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameslee30

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a birthday coming up soon and have been told that im going to be treated to a nice shiny new tool of my choice. So, im thinking a new plane, but just cannot decide which. I'v had a play with a 5 1/2 clifton which is really nice to use and i like the size of this. But then i started looking at the LN 5 1/2 and the veritas low angle jack (which is the same size as 5 1/2) and now i just dont know.

Does anyone know of any stockists near sheffield for the LN or veritas stuff? I'l mainly be using this plane for fitting cabinet doors and jointing smaller boards and a bit of shooting. I currently have a Record no5 which has been tuned nicely, a record no7 and a stanley 60 1/2 block.

Someone please help me make a decision!

Cheers, james.

Hi James

Have you tried the usual national places like Axminster or Rutlands?

I think Brimarc also do some Veritas & LN planes?

Or maybe you preferred to go and play with them before buying?

cheers
HM

jameslee30":3vwxoh93 said:
Hello all. I have a birthday coming up soon and have been told that im going to be treated to a nice shiny new tool of my choice. So, im thinking a new plane, but just cannot decide which. I'v had a play with a 5 1/2 clifton which is really nice to use and i like the size of this. But then i started looking at the LN 5 1/2 and the veritas low angle jack (which is the same size as 5 1/2) and now i just dont know.

Does anyone know of any stockists near sheffield for the LN or veritas stuff? I'l mainly be using this plane for fitting cabinet doors and jointing smaller boards and a bit of shooting. I currently have a Record no5 which has been tuned nicely, a record no7 and a stanley 60 1/2 block.

Someone please help me make a decision!

Cheers, james.

I just had a birthday and got the LV low angle Jack. I really like it, a step up from the Stanley sweethearts I have (4 and 60.5). Can't speak for the Bailey style 51/2's from LN and Clifton but you won't regret the LA LAJ.

Latest posts

Back