Plane Crazy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
both x-cut and rip, which is why we get so darn good at a) Buying them and b) Sharpening them. . Apparently there's no known cure...

<quietly making note of the absence of any mention of them actually being used....

Midnight":2pqmb117 said:
both x-cut and rip, which is why we get so darn good at a) Buying them and b) Sharpening them. . Apparently there's no known cure...

<quietly making note of the absence of any mention of them actually being used....
tounge.gif

LOL....

too damn tired to pull yer chain much more... spent the bulk of today surfacing and thicknessing both sides of some particularly figured Elm... entirely by hand...
that #40 1/2 REALLY kicks butt..!!!!

well whodathunk it...??

I gotta pass; thesedays my rust bustin has to be confined to my Landrover...

well the reason i ask is that i have been given one, looks in pretty good nick,
jus wondered if any other folks here have them and use them

a plane in the shop's worth WAY more than one on Ebay... and one as rare as that canna be a bad thing...
Get the blade tuned up and keep the rust down by using it regularly. About the only thing I canna see it doing well is shooting edges...

MattMoore":25k0e9nf said:
well the reason i ask is that i have been given one
Worthless piece of junk - I'll dispose of it for you...

Ever helpful, Alf
whistling.gif

Who's own #10 's repaired cheek has cracked again causing much sorrow Chez Alf.
cry.gif

my no 10 is an old un from the US and once the blade got sharpened, it behaves great for fine tuning rebates and lippings.I like it better then using any of my routers, but then I got too many to count :oops: routers that is.
Looking forward to getting my sticky hands on a number 6 finally.
HS in a cold and very wet Amsterdam.

Back