Plane Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to increase my plane blade options with different cutting angles and cambers

What is a good brand / source of plane blades in the UK?

Regards

John

Workshop Heaven and Woodworkers Work Shop stock plane blades if I remember right.

Both excellent suppliers and whilst I appreciate that is common knowledge on here I mention it because it wouldn't hurt to contact them to discuss options.

Assuming you're looking for blades (and chipbreakers) for retrofitting to Stanley Bailey type planes, the following makers are worth looking at:

Ron Hock
Ashley Iles
Veritas

The following makers produce blades and chipbreakers, which can be bought separately, for their versions of the Stanley Bailey (bedrock) design plane

Quansheng/WoodRiver
Lie Nielsen

Reputable UK suppliers include:

Classic Hand Tools
Woodworkers Workshop
Workshop Heaven
Axminster Tools

PS Sorry - I meant Ray Iles!

Last edited:
For old irons for vintage planes, you can add G&M Tools of Ashington to the list.

my very favourite blade above any of the listed ones is the japanese laminated blade. its head and shoulders above the others in terms of edge and ultimately sharpenability. ( quangsheng is my second favourite) all the veritas lie nielsen et al a2s are shonky at best.of course imho

Back