plane #9 finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

This days i found the time to finish the "short" block plane.
Here you can find some more pics of the plane:
http://www.hobel-und-eisen.de/holz/HObel/flachbetthobel_kurz.htm

P1010773.JPG

And here is a picture of the current "plane-family"

P1010762.JPG

Perhaps someone as an idea what could be the next plane after I finish the rebate block plane

Einhandsimshobel3b.jpg

regards
Rolf

Beautiful collection. Must be very rewarding making furniture with your own tools :D

Very nice Rolf ,

Sorry if this has been asked before but how much engineering machinery do you have access to, and how much equipment do you need to make a plane like this?

I know it is not the same as building one from scratch like Rolf does but there is a kit available to make an infill plane. I have just ordered one to see what it is like and, if all goes well, intend to feature the construction in an article in the magazine. I've got no metalworking experience though so will have to see how it goes.

Keith

The plane is milled on a professional milling and grinding machine. This work is done by somebody else, as I have no direct access to this machines.

To finish the plane, when i got the metal body, I need the tools anyone has in his workshop: jigsaw, router, files, chisels, drillpress, etc.

I have just finished the design of an infill plane and I am playing with the intention to make a small production line of 5 planes.
The infill will be without adjuster, because this will make the plane to expensive. but the plane will have 2 small screws in each side to align the blade square to the sole as in the block plane.
The plane will have an 50° bed angle and an 6mm thick A2 iron, so it can easily deal with difficult wood.
At the moment I asked a metallworkshop to make an offer of the metall body..............:wink:

NOrris_j_einfach_5.jpg

regards
Rolf

Back