Plan Printing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a number of plans on my computer that are too large to fit onto one sheet of paper. I presume I'm not alone in this, so I'd be interested to find out how everyone else deals with them. Do you print them on multiple sheets of paper and sellotape them together, take them to a print shop, or do you have some other ingenious solution?

Gill

Hi Gill,

No clever solution from me - I'm afraid I just use the Blue Peter approach...

Cheers,
Neil

Gill.

If you need an accurate full size plan, then I reckon the Blue Peter approach is not accurate enough - there is a large "tolerance stack-up" with all the sheets and joins. A print shop would be a better approach, plotting on a suitably sized piece of paper.

If you just want a big version of the plan then cut and paste is fine.

If I just want all the plan on one sheet but scale is unimportant, then I just scale to fit on a single page of course.

You can print a slide on special transparancy film and then project on to a screen like any normal transparancy. Printing is done with an ordinary inkjet printer.
Most probably only suitable for viewing purposes but you could then have a measurement of over 12 feet x 8feet. :evil:

printing bureau in town or through work. A4 printers are not accurte when one wants to 'tile' many sheets and errors creep in

MA'am
I think you can load them into Adobe Reader. Then print them out on one sheet. But you would still have to take them to Kinko's to be re-sized. You can good multiple sheet printouts in Autocadd LT (don't hit me 8-[ ) i've foune out that if you scan them they can get distorted big time.

I have a huge A0 printer at work for printing out project plans, if you like I can print it out and send it over to you?

Back