Plain (?) Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Few weeks ago I bought 30 sheets of 1/8" mahogany in a bundle at a charity shop, they were old drawer bottoms, I thought they would come in handy at some point. Having made them into two bundles I then manage to drop one on the floor ending up with just bits!

Rather than throw them away I am now making small simple fitted boxes for some of my smaller tools using these and various scraps lying around.

Good fun and easy to make; this is butt joined mahogany, walnut top and hardboard bottom. Fitting pieces made on bandsaw and disc sander and superglued in place. Not easy finding small brass hardware for this.

So now my nice 2506S won't lose its bits.

Also I ahve ordered some Vapour Seal which I will cut up into small bits and place one in the box to avoid rust.

250601.jpg

250603.jpg

250602.jpg

Regards
martin

Hi Martin

Excellent idea and lovely workmanship.

Where will you store your fifty boxes when they're all complete? :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Philly":1bshxr9o said:
Very Smart!
How does the lid fit?
Philly :D

Oh Philly, I could answer that one :) :)

Must tell Martin I like the extent he has gone too beats my humble effort the other day.

SF
Actually I am waiting for a piece of special soft suede leather harvested from the nether regions of a Himalayan yak during the full moon just after a total eclipse! Nothing else will do! :lol:
Martin

mahking51":1x9a669q said:
Actually I am waiting for a piece of special soft suede leather harvested from the nether regions of a Himalayan yak during the full moon just after a total eclipse! Nothing else will do! :lol:
You might change your mind when you've read my review... The inner thigh of the Alopecian Yeti did surprisingly well - even after tanning in broad daylight on a wet Wednesday with an "r" in the month. :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Back