• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

pitch pine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi I have 5 pieces of pitch pine for sale it came out of church 30 years ago and has been dried stored since. as a conservative estimate of the woods age I would say around 200 to 250 years old ,there could be some nails in the wood, and due to the weight collection only from the td9 area.This timber is very hard to find these days, the only reason for this sale is, I do not have the machinery to cut it. I have used some small pieces to test it out and it comes up to a real good finish with an excellent patina when sanded. £300 ono Please email me for any further inquiries

been raking in the garage and found 5 other pieces of pitch pine so will include them in the price

2 pieces 1.70 meters x 240 mm x 100 mm
1 piece 460 mm x 2390 mm x 100 mm
1 piece 770 mm x 210 mm x 100 mm
1 piece 360 mm x 210 mm x 100 mm
5 pieces approx 830 mm x 150 mm x 100 mm
take care
John

2 pieces came up for sale in Ledbury a couple of weeks ago. They were both sized 100x9x5" (metrication hasn't reached Herefordshire yet). They went for £15 and £25 + 5% commission.
I bought 2 ex Victorian chapel PP roof beams some 13 years ago from the same auction house for a fiver. One was woodwormy and the other was clean. One went into the woodburner during the following winter and the other was used to make a model railway table and a radial arm saw stand. The saw stand was dismantled recently and there were a few signs of worm. The saw went to the same auction.
It's a lovely timber to work with and the smell is sublime (or should i say subpine).
Brian

We used to use pitch pine for landing turbine casings and boiler parts it never had any give in it ,I have been informed that pitch pine is as rare as the rocking horse stuff, and I have given this wood a good once over for worm holes none to be seen.

take care
John

this is something I made out of the pitch pine

take care
John

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg table.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg table.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 500
Back