Pippy Oak Veneered MDF / Ply

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for stockists of 7mm Pippy Oak Venered MDF / Ply in Devon.

Did the usual google and fleabay and only came up with South London Hardwoods and a full sheet delivered costs around £130 ...... just a little expensive for my budget!

So does any one know where I might source this cheaper please? I could probably manage with a half sheet .... need to check my measurements first.

i doubt you find it any cheaper, i wouldn't want to make it for that :lol:.

maybe you could ask them to cut it half and flog the other half when it arrives.

adidat

can you not make some up yourself? i can see the advantage of buying premade, but if it is approx half a sheet, may not be a huge task.

Edens/ Meyers keep it at some depots.

You will also find that most board suppliers can get it in but one sheet may be a bit expensive, SLH only buy it in as needed anyway.

J

jasonB":23m4r7iy said:
Edens/ Meyers keep it at some depots.

You will also find that most board suppliers can get it in but one sheet may be a bit expensive, SLH only buy it in as needed anyway.

J

Just googled Edens / Meyers but did not find them ..... are the names correct please?

Jason

Many thanks ..... their nearest branch is Chippenham which is about 130 miles from me. Guess I'll have to keep searching!

may or may not help, but if they stock it, and will cut it in half for you and half sheets work out ok...

i bought some veneer, the package must have been similar size to 4x4ft, and citylink delivered it to me for about 7 or 8 quid! You could always buy a sheet of hardboard, cut in half to act as the outside of the package as protection. Gaffa tape around the edges and it will be pretty secure.

food for thought.

The price for a sheet from SLH is £114 inc VAT for a sheet so hardly a rip off if they charge £16 inc VAT for someone to package it up and a courier to send it.

I doubt you will get a single sheet from anywhere else for less than £100 and there will still be delivery on top or your time and fuel to collect it

J

Jason
I did not mean to imply that the price from SLH was a rip off, just that it really pushes my budget!

I have never tried veneering and not don't know if it needs special equipment but if it is not too complicated then that might be the way to reduce the cost.

What are you actually using it for, it may just be easier to resaw some thcker boards as you need such a small amount.

Pippy oak veneer can be a bit buckled so does need to be pressed well, not one that can really be done under a few weights though will depend on the actual size of the parts you want.

J

I'm making a TV cabinet and was hoping to use the Pippy oak veneer as panels in two small doors and also in the sides of the cabinet.

Yes I could re saw some oak if I had some pippy oak.

Latest posts

Back