Pipe for pipe clamps ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Power

Established Member
Reaction score
Where would I be able to get the black pipe that is used for pipe clamps. I've tried plumb centre etc but but can't see it listed ?

a quick search showed a company called pipe dream fittings pipes can be ordered any size and threaded hope thats of use , ian

Black iron pipe is a lot less common over here than in the USA where it’s sold in every home improvement store, hence part of the appeal of pipe clamps
Aidan

Half of the battle is getting the pipe, the other half is getting it threaded. The eBay seller that I used seemed to be selling most of his to people making furniture and offered a threading service for a nominal sum.

what pipe clamps are people using, I need some better clamps, and was looking at Bessey K body, or the Axminster HD Trade which is similar I understand

Seems like a Bessey pipe clamp head is about £23, plus pipe.

Anyone had any luck with any cheeper clamp heads

what pipe clamps are people using, I need some better clamps, and was looking at Bessey K body, or the Axminster HD Trade which is similar I understand

I got the heads from ebay, not Bessey originals which I couldn't get even from the Bessey stand at Midlands Woodworking Show. Marcros picked up some black pipe for me.

I have a few Bessey Revo clamps and they are unquestionably good. 600mm see a lot of use but doubt I've used the 1m models at all in past two years. I have also some Bessey Uniclamps. These are much lighter than the Revos but receive far more use.

I was in the USA and chucked a couple of sets in my case. BESSEY H-Style Pipe Clamp Fixture Set for 1/2 in. Black Pipe-BPC-H12 - The Home Depot

If they were knocking on 30 quid a clamp with the pipe, I am not sure that I would recommend them. I would probably look closer to what I actually wanted to clamp and get some suitable unclamps. what I like about the pipe clamps is that I could have some flexibility by having different pipe lengths to hand. a tenner a clamp plus the pipe wasn't so bad.

Bessey K-Bodies are parallel clamps, perhaps you mean their H style range? , Best pipe clamp out there are Pony Jorgensen:
https://ponyjorgensen.com/products/pipe-clamps/
They were a bit behind other brands with regard to not being able to tighten/loosen on a flat surface without adding small stands but now do clamp heads with a built in stand, similar to other brands. Cheaper than the Bessey models but not by much.

Bessey K-Bodies are parallel clamps, perhaps you mean their H style range? , Best pipe clamp out there are Pony Jorgensen:
https://ponyjorgensen.com/products/pipe-clamps/
They were a bit behind other brands with regard to not being able to tighten/loosen on a flat surface without adding small stands but now do clamp heads with a built in stand, similar to other brands. Cheaper than the Bessey models but not by much.

I’m just mulling over what style to get really. I was thinking k body parallels, as I have 6 uniklamps but have problems with them sliding so was going to move up to the k body, but they are not cheap, so got me thinking about pipe clamps.
I read Axminster did a deal in may on their hd clamp, buy one get one free, missed that as that would have been ideal.

Back