Pins/nails for beading

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orcamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
G'day, for those of you who have seen my project in the projects section you will have seen this question already but for those that haven't...

I'm making glass paned doors for a cabinet and would like to know what type of pins or nails are typically used for securing beading to the door frame (the beading used for keeping the glass attached to the door)?

I have some brass pins from the shed type wall hanging hooks, which are about 1.3mm diameter with a solid brass head. But the head is wider than the pin shank and so it will not be possible to bury the head of the pin into the beading and will show on the inside of the door frame.. So maybe headless pins are better?

If so, does anyone know where I can buy brass headless pins from suitable for this type of job?

thanks
Steve

phil.p":36l1vlts said:
Do they have to be brass? why don't you use veneer pins? they are much thinner.

No they don't have to be brass, only if the head is going to be visible. I was trying to make it as neatly as possible.

Veneer pins, yes, I guess they will be suitable from what I can see. I guess whatever I use some part of the head will be seen.

thanks for your help Phil

You could ..... Start the nail, whatever sort, into the beading then cut the head off, side cutters or pincers work well, finish driving the pin home. Hey Presto!

xy

Latest posts

Back