Pinned scroll saw blade for aluminum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend a pinned scroll saw blade for cutting aluminium, and brand please with tpi

See the sticky about blades at the top of this section. Pegas do some for sure, and I guess other manufacturers do too. LOADS of info there.

BTW, in terms of cutting cleanly, the material itself (you mention ali) matters less than the thickness of the work piece. The old "golden rule" of at least 3 teeth in contact with the work at all times really does apply here.

HTH

See the sticky about blades at the top of this section. Pegas do some for sure, and I guess other manufacturers do too. LOADS of info there.

BTW, in terms of cutting cleanly, the material itself (you mention ali) matters less than the thickness of the work piece. The old "golden rule" of at least 3 teeth in contact with the work at all times really does apply here.

HTH
Messaged a company yesterday who said pegsas only sold painless blades

Messaged a company yesterday who said pegsas only sold painless blades

Well, unless Pegas have changed their product range recently, they certainly DO still have pinned blades for metal cutting in their range (though whether or not they're "painless" I don't know)! (Sorry, I'm not taking the mickey, it was just a "lovely" typo)!

Here's the - AFAIK - current chart for Pegas metal cutting blades. Note that the manufacturer ("Scies" in Switzerland) will NOT sell direct to the public, but even if your "local" supplier does not have these blades in stock they can definitely order them for you. AFAIK, Axminster Tools is still the official UK distributor/dealer for Pegas (I do not live in UK).

XX

Sorry, for some reason, the software here is telling me that the chart, which is in .pdf file format, is not allowable as an attachment here. I don't quite know what is happening, because in the past I've often added a .pdf file to a post, but today, "no luck", sorry.

BUT go to the above-mentioned sticky right at the top of this Scrolling and Scroll Saw section and I'm sure you will be able to down load the chart yourself. You will find full details of ALL the Pegas blades for metal cutting (both pinned and pinless )- why do you particularly want pinned BTW? - and those details include the ordering code numbers, the TPIs, blade thicknesses, etc, etc.

Sorry I can't help more

Edit for a P.S:

I should add that the above Pegas blade charts also list other metal cutting blades that they also make - for example "Junior" hack saw blades. I don't know which Scroll Saw you have, but some, such as my Ex 21, WILL take Junior hack saw blades (which are pinned BTW).

And another P.S:

I now see that you're in Lisburn. Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not sure if that's in N. Ireland or Eire! But Axi do do mail order and on-line sales, and IME, very efficient at it they are too.

HTH

Last edited:
Back