Pink wheel for Tormek from Peter Child

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
I had delivery of a new grinding wheel from Peter Childtoday for the Tormek, based on a recommendation from this forum (can't remember the thread now - but thanks whoever it was!!).

I've had the Tormek as bought for a few years now and have ground the grey stone down by a few centimetres. I've always liked the machine and jigs, but it's funny how you get used to things.... After I mounted the new wheel, I made it run true with the diamond stone and tested it on a 1¼" chisel. Well, after a few seconds I pulled the chisel off the jig to check I was grinding at the original angle and to my surprise found that I had completely refreshed the face and removed the little nick that was on the edge!
No kidding. It was that quick to grind it!
Planer blades usually take me about ½ an hour each with the grey wheel, so for the first time ever, I'm actually looking forward to re-sharpening my planer blades.

If you like your Tormek the way it is, and use it regularly to touch up your blades, I recommend getting the pink wheel at around £66. I will save hours each month on sharpening, especially planer blades.

Usually a post gets some kind of response!
Was it something I said?

Is any one else using the Tormek for planer blades? What's been your experience?

Sorry Aragorn. :( Only thing I could think of to say was "Oh no, not another expense to add to the cost of tormek ownership". Somehow I didn't think that'd be very popular... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Nope, (it's fine). Just theres nothing to say. In about 5 years, when I need to change the wheel, I'll have forgetten, so will ask ALF, who remembers all posts (ever it seems) in her near photographic memory, and post a link to this.

Adam

Awwwwww. Thanks you two! I feel better now.

Alf - you're right, Tormek ownership is a tad expensive! At the very least it's quicker now!
Adam - you're right too. Do you reckon Alf bookmarks every post into well organised subdivided folders in her Favourites? :wink:

Back