Pine wood colour - white to orange - how to stop please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleSteve

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm making some changes in a motorhome.

The furniture board used in this motorhome is a light wood colour (and is stable as far as colour is concerned). I have made some changes using ordinary pine which is currently the same colour as the furniture board. As most people know, pine will colour with age to an orange colour. What product or how can I stabilise the pine colour to stop it, or limit the changing of colour to orange please?

Any useful help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Impossible unless you keep it in the dark all the time. Even then it will still darken but more slowly. Some finishes are more yellowy than others but it'll go dark whatever you use.

UncleSteve":1jl4qung said:
I'm making some changes in a motorhome.

The furniture board used in this motorhome is a light wood colour (and is stable as far as colour is concerned). I have made some changes using ordinary pine which is currently the same colour as the furniture board. As most people know, pine will colour with age to an orange colour. What product or how can I stabilise the pine colour to stop it, or limit the changing of colour to orange please?

Any useful help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Do you know the timber/finish that the "furniture board" uses ?

BugBear

Hello Bugbear,

The original board is a sort of light MDF with a sort of light beach veneer. I don't wish to start veneering the pine if that's what you were thinking.

Back