Pine Dowels ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ChazR,

Can't help ypu with a supply of pine dowels, but Axminster do a jig for making your own. The best I can remember is, its a steel plate with different size holes in, depending on which size dowel you want. The steel plate in mounted on a piece of wood with clearance holes in for the dowels to pass through. Cut some wood just a bit bigger than you need and knock it through the holes and you have your dowels ready for use.

Sorry can't remember its name, but it must be on their web site. Hope this is of help.

If you just want pine dowls, you might as well go down to your local B&Q/DIY store or timber merchant :)

Not sure of anyone who sells them online but I'll have a look...

If you have a router table you can make pretty good dowl yourself with a round over bit...

Thanks both. I haven't seen any at my local DIY/Timber Merchant, only beech dowels but I might try making my own which would probably be easier than trying to track some down ;)

Maybe you should ask a member of staff, pine dowels are a fairly standard thing.

Your local B&Q/Homebase or wickes will probably have a huge selection.

If you only need to plug holes you can use a plug cutter.

I bought a set of plug cutters in the end as I found only fluted pine dowels were available and that wasn't what I needed, at least now I can cut to fit the hole I need to fill instead of drilling the hole to fit the dowel. Thanks all ;)

I doubt very much that B&Q et al sell pine dowels, certainly not in the smaller gauges under 10 mm or so. Could be wrong, but I'd be very surprised. They are very difficult to get hold of.

Back