Pin gun advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mls

Reaction score
I’m looking at purchasing a pin gun to use with an air compressor I have. Having looked at many review sites on the Internet they’re really not very helpful. I do use one in my daily job but Wondered if anyone had a make and model that is worth a shout. It will be used in my shed/workshop (work in progress) for general usage. The one I use at work is an 18 gauge. Any advice would b greatly appreciated. Have used cheap ones in the past and know u can spend more time un jamming them rather than using.

I bought the silverline 18g last year and it has been awesome for the price £25

Thanks for ur responses. Do u have model numbers at all? I’ve found a Silverline one for about £35. Read up on it and most of the feedback was ok but has no rubber end to stop indentations, something I failed to add on my initial post. The only Makita model I can find is about £80/90 so not sure if this it the one. I don’t mind paying that little extra for a better quality finish. Also another requirement I failed to feature was various sized pins I’ll be wanting to use (dependant on whatever job I’ll b doing) so do both models have this feature??

I've had a Bostich pin gun for about 20 years, never had any problems. I also bought a cheap nailer/stapler from Toolstation for about £30 that works well too

No, it has a removeable "no mar" tip, works well and lasts a long time before needing replaced

Mls":3ueqk9c3 said:
I’m looking at purchasing a pin gun to use with an air compressor I have. Having looked at many review sites on the Internet they’re really not very helpful. I do use one in my daily job but Wondered if anyone had a make and model that is worth a shout. It will be used in my shed/workshop (work in progress) for general usage. The one I use at work is an 18 gauge. Any advice would b greatly appreciated. Have used cheap ones in the past and know u can spend more time un jamming them rather than using.

Are you looking for 18, 21 or 23?

I don't like seeing pins (have 18 and 23) and don't use them often except for household stuff -the 23 is far nicer to deal with if you're just trying to get something in place to glue and want minimal evidence left behind.

I hate to say it (because of cost), but the grex pinners are the nicest small gauge pinners I've used (they sink the pin a little without marring work). Ryobi's cordless 23 gauge pinner is decent, but not in the same class.

An 18. I like urself hate the site of pin holes tbh. but it’s handy to have one in my new shed/workshop. I have 2 small hitachi compressors that my work were skipping due to finally changing over to gas ones for on site. They work perfectly so decided to have them both (air line inc)

Back