• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pillar drill ( It's gone)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a complete newbie, but I must admit Marcros' comment made me smile.

And he did finish it by a smilie, which usually indicates something is being said in jest. Certainly not worth taking offence over!

my comments weren't aimed at anybody in particular. We are an inclusive forum, all are welcome. Many people have little woodworking experience, and a good percentage of people join the forum with absolutely none. It is fine, there are no rules saying that you have to make your masterpiece before being allowed in, and if all you want is a bit of a chat and some online company, that is fine too. All that is really expected is to be part of the forum is to take part. post the odd question if you want, answer a few if you want/have relevant experience. Comment on some of the work displayed, even if you can offer no more than "I really like that" or "I dont like that" or "I can't quite put my finger on it, but the lid doesn't look right to me". Otherwise, why even register.

The for sale boards are a contentious issue. Clockie generously offered this item free of charge and hats off to him for that. The spirit of the forum is that favours are done from time to time, usually without reward, sometimes in threads, sometimes behind closed doors. If you wanted, you could build yourself a workshop from scratch, kit it out with 3 phase machinery, which you could restore and make work using VFDs, you could learn how to buy timber, make a top quality box, and line it all with free advice which would cost you thousands if you had to pay for it. These are just a few examples that spring to mind.

3 posters suddenly appeared out of the blue on this thread, and in the 4 1/2 years that they had collectively been members there was a combined post count of about 10. I genuinely hope that they will stick around, learn something and contribute something. One of these posters has rather taken my comment to heart but I stand by it. As for online nastiness and bullying, whatever... I think that he/she found that the cap fitted and jumped to the incorrect conclusion that it was solely about him/her.

Back