Pigments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lijongtao

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

When I watch Will on The Repair Shop he often uses pigments, powdered ones that he mixes in with water to get the right colour match when he is covering scratches etc.

Does anyone know what they are specifically called and where to buy? I've looked on Amazon and they are highly coloured and not wood coloured and they're not specifically for wood either, moreso for these resin tables.

Thanks a million again

Hi all

When I watch Will on The Repair Shop he often uses pigments, powdered ones that he mixes in with water to get the right colour match when he is covering scratches etc.

Does anyone know what they are specifically called and where to buy? I've looked on Amazon and they are highly coloured and not wood coloured and they're not specifically for wood either, moreso for these resin tables.

Thanks a million again

earth pigments. Micronized earth pigments are what you want if you're looking for the earth tones (the reds, blanks and browns, and I'm sure plenty of others).

Kremer pigments sells them from NY, USA, but I'm sure there's an artist's supply place somewhere that sells them.

I've never heard of Will or The Repair Shop, though, so I don't know what he's using.

The nice thing about earth colors, if that's what he's using, is the color is permanent and lightfast. Not lightfast like premetallized dyes, etc (which are pretty good), but lightfast forever.

Really appreciate the help. I have ordered some water-based pigments, spirit-based ones, and some earth colors too. Thanks a million, which is nearly what it cost. :eek:😂😂

Last edited:
Thanks a million, which is nearly what it cost. :eek:😂😂

As my son would say, "it do!" (well, he's older now and doesn't say that).

experimenting costs, but what you'll find is maybe more satisfying than just settling for something.

Of course, my other theory in the house may apply, which is, sometimes something in the house doesn't turn out the way you want it to. However, you see it every day and get used to it.

AT least, that's what I tell my wife. Then she only remembers she doesn't like something when we're in a fight.

Back