Pierced bowls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graigmerched

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought you might like to see a couple of examples of my pierced bowls. If anyone is wondering why I put penguins on one of them. It was a xmas present requested by my wife for her sister. The flower one is sycamore and unusually for me was turned dry. The penguin one is spalted beech and although not soaking was slightly damp when I turned it. I find that the motif on the bowl breaks up the piercing (which is quite stark without it) and also lends itself to commission work with people able to order their own idea on the bowl.

If anyone decides they want to have a go be prepared for a nervous few hours. As you get closer to the end of the piercing the nerves start to kick in because if it breaks you can't go back. #-o

Attachments

• penguin bowl.jpg
    penguin bowl.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 726
  • Pierced flower bowl.jpg
    Pierced flower bowl.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 726
absolutely stunning. =D> Really like the flowers and penguins in the design, they add a very nice feature. You must have patiences of a saint.

They look very thin, how thick are they?

Alli":1gfb2ah4 said:
absolutely stunning. =D> Really like the flowers and penguins in the design, they add a very nice feature. You must have patiences of a saint.

They look very thin, how thick are they?

Approx three sixteenths of an inch on the pierced rim/

Regards

Steve

Latest posts

Back